The sanitary measures imposed by the Covid-19 Coronavirus epidemic affect the travel conditions for mobility impaired passengers. Please find all the details below.
In these exceptional circumstances, we advise mobility impaired passengers to postpone their trip, if they can. We recommend passengers who cannot delay their trip to travel accompanied.
On board Thello day trains
Thello day trains are generally accessible to mobility impaired passengers.
However, the technical features of our coaches impose constraints on our capacity to welcome on board passengers in wheelchair.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these limitations may cause.
For passengers in wheelchairs
For each Thello day train, a specially fitted 2nd class coach offers an area dedicated to travellers in wheelchair that can accomodate 2 passengers.
To book a place for a passenger in wheelchair, you can:
Assistance in boarding the train
If you need assistance at the station on departure or arrival, please inform us at least 24 hours before departure.
Passengers who have not booked their assistance service or passengers who have made their request after the deadline may be refused the service.
We will gladly arrange the most appropriate assistance between the station and the coach you have been assigned to (on and off the train). We regret we cannot offer further assistance to help passengers move around on board the train. We strongly recommend that passengers who are not able to move independently travel with an accompanying person. Thello offers to any mobility impaired passenger the possibility to travel with an accompanying person who is granted a dedicated fare, the Disabled Companion fare.
To request an assistance, please use the online form available here or contact us by phone (+33 1 83820000 – option 2, then option 4).
The stations of Diano Marina and Finale Ligure do not have assistance services for persons with reduced mobility.
As part of the fight against the spread of Covid-19 coronavirus, the station assistance service provider imposes new sanitary measures and adapts the terms of its service.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory. Travelers must bring their own mask. You will be refused the assistance service at the stationif you are not wearing a mask.
- The carrying of luggage is temporarily suspended. You must be able to carry your luggage by yourself. If you are unable to carry your luggage by yourself, we invite you to travel accompanied.
On the travel day, you must arrive at the information point of the departure station at least 30 minutes before train departure.
To find all the health measures implemented on board Thello trains, click here.
For further details on the assistance provided:
- in French stations, click here
- in Italian stations, click here
A DEDICATED RATE FOR AN ACCOMPANYING PERSON
We offer to any mobility impaired passenger the possibility to travel with an accompanying person who is granted a dedicated fare, the Disabled Companion fare.
The conditions of the Disabled Companion fare
This offer is valid for one person accompanying the person with reduced mobility on the same train and in the same comfort class. Official proof of reduced mobility is required on board to allow the accompanying person to benefit from the reduction. Tickets can be changed once for free (date / time) and are refundable with a deduction of 10% of the value of the ticket until the scheduled departure time.
How to book a train ticket at the disabled companion fare?
- Book your Thello trains tickets thanks to our booking form by clicking on the “Book” button at the top right of the page.
- Complete the form including the disabled companion in the number of passengers, then confirm.
- Select the travel time of your choice, then click on “view other offers”.
- For the disabled companion, please select the offer “Disabled Companion” and complete the certificate reference before confirmation.
- Finally, confirm your booking.
Service dogs are traveling for free and without reservation.
An official document attesting the disability is required on board to allow the dog on the train.