On board Thello trains
Thello night trains are generally accessible to mobility impaired passengers. However, the technical features of our coaches impose constraints on our capacity to welcome on board passengers in wheelchair. Indeed, the dimensions of the night train coaches do not allow the circulation of wheelchairs on board. Moreover, passengers have to be able to get around the train either independently or with the support of an accompanying person.
- In order to check whether your equipment may circulate, you will find the relevant dimensions of the Thello night train coaches here below:
|Outer door width
|Corridor width to the compartments
|Compartment door width
|Toilet door width
- Only folding chairs can be carried on board, on the same basis as a piece of luggage. However, they are obviously not part of the allowance.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these limitations may cause.
Assistance requests must be sent at least 48 hours before departure. For the requests received after the due date, we won’t guarantee that the station agents will be able to give you the needed assistance. If the station agents can’t insure the needed assistance, please to take your own disposals to get up and down the train.
Assistance in boarding the train
If you need assistance at the station on departure or arrival, please inform us. The request must be received at least 48 hours before departure.
We will gladly arrange the most appropriate assistance between the station and the coach you have been assigned to (on and off the train). We regret we cannot offer further assistance to help passengers move around on board the train. We strongly recommend that passengers who are not able to move independently to travel with an accompanying person. Thello offers to any mobility impaired passenger the possibility to travel with an accompanying person who is granted a dedicated fare, the Disabled Companion fare.
To request an assistance to access the train, please contact us directly with our dedicated from or contact us by phone (+33 1 83820000 – option 2, then option 4).
On the travel day, you must arrive at the information point of the departure station at least 30 minutes before train departure. The assistance includes only one piece of luggage. Above 15kg, please make special arrangements.
For further details on the assistance provided:
– in Paris gare de lyon, click here
– in Dijon station, click here
– in Italian stations, click here
A DEDICATED RATE FOR AN ACCOMPANYING PERSON
We offer to any mobility impaired passenger the possibility to travel with an accompanying person who is granted a dedicated fare, the Disabled Companion fare.
The conditions of the Disabled Companion fare
This offer is valid for one person accompanying the person with reduced mobility on the same train and in the same comfort class. Official proof of reduced mobility is required on board to allow the accompanying person to benefit from the reduction. Tickets cannot be modified but are refundable with a deduction of 10% of the value of the ticket up to 24h before departure.
How to book a train ticket at the Disabled Companion fare?
- Book your Thello trains tickets thanks to our booking form by clicking on the “Book” button at the top right of the page.
- Complete the form including the disabled companion in the number of passengers, then confirm
- Select the travel solution of your choice, then click on “view other offers”
- For the disabled companion, please select the offer “Disabled companion” and complete the official certificate reference of disability before to confirm. This proof will be required on board
- Finally confirm your booking
Service dogs are traveling for free and without reservation.
An official document attesting the disability is required on board to allow the dog on the train.