On board Thello trains
Thello night trains are generally accessible to mobility impaired passengers. However, the technical features of our coaches impose constraints on our capacity to welcome on board passengers in wheelchair. Indeed, the dimensions of the night train coaches do not allow the circulation of wheelchairs on board. Moreover, passengers have to be able to get around the train either independently or with the support of an accompanying person.
- In order to check whether your equipment may circulate, you will find the relevant dimensions of the Thello night train coaches here below:
|Outer door width
|Corridor width to the compartments
|Compartment door width
|Toilet door width
- Only folding chairs can be carried on board, on the same basis as a piece of luggage. However, they are obviously not part of the allowance.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these limitations may cause.
Assistance in boarding the train
If you need assistance at the station on departure or arrival, please inform us. The request must be received at least 48 hours before departure.
We will gladly arrange the most appropriate assistance between the station and the coach you have been assigned to (on and off the train). We regret we cannot offer further assistance to help passengers move around on board the train. We strongly recommend that passengers who are not able to move independently travel with an accompanying person. Thello offers a 50 % reduction (calculated on the Adult Flexi fare) to any person accompanying a mobility impaired passenger. This fare can be obtained by clicking on “booking” on the top right.
To request an assistance to access the train, please contact us directly with our dedicated from or contact us by phone (+33 1 83820000 – option 2, then option 4).
On the travel day, you must arrive at the information point of the departure station at least 30 minutes before train departure. The assistance includes only one piece of luggage. Above 15kg, please make special arrangements.
For further details on the assistance provided:
– in Paris gare de lyon, click here
– in Dijon station, click here
– in Italian stations, click here
Be careful, the train stations in Diano Marina and Finale Ligure do not have a disable service.
Special rate for accompanying person
We offer to any mobility impaired passenger the possibility to travel with an accompanying person who is granted a 50% discount on the ADULT/STANDARD fare.
How to book a train ticket at the dedicated fare for disabled companion?
- Book your Thello trains tickets thanks to our booking form by clicking here
- Complete the form including the disable companion in the number of passengers, then confirm
- Select the travel solution of your choice, then click on “view other offers”
- For the disable companion, please select the offer “Disabled companion” and complete the official certificate reference of disability before to confirm. This proof will be required on board
- Finally confirm your booking
An official document attesting the impaired mobility is required on board to allow the accompanying person the special rate.
Guide dogs are traveling for free and without reservation.
An official document attesting the visual impairment is required on board to allow the dog on the train.